Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ball Game




It's the season of baseball for me this time of year.
My son is on a select team and we have been traveling quite a bit with him this summer.  It keeps me extra busy but I wouldn't 
trade this time with him for the world.

I created this card with his coach in mind.
He eats, drinks and sleeps baseball and is so deserving of a thank you card for all of the time and dedication he puts into his team.   
My son is not only learning baseball but also 
life lessons, and for that I am grateful.

I actually used a Great Impressions Stamps border stamp for this card.


Using sections of the border I created my background paper.
I masked off the images I wasn't using and then stamped each twice to
get the darker and lighter effect. Those are nestabilitie squares for the bases and I added a triangle to make home plate. 
The colors I choose are my son's team colors.

This border stamp is so versatile. 
 It's also great for scrapbook pages and bordering a sports photo.
I may use it next for a collage of all the boys.

Supplies:


Quite the excitement going on at the Great Impressions Stamps Blog!
first offering a badge for our top picks! 

Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs,

Jenny


5 comments :

Anonymous said...

So clever! Love the sentiment and baseball diamond layout. Awesome job!

Angela said...

Jenny, you are a wiz with the words!!! Great sentiment for a great card! Love the baseball theme and the linear design...

Cardcrafter said...

I like how you used the border stamp diagonally to make a background! Very clever! Sometimes we forget how versatile our stamps can be! Thanks for the ideas!

Deloris said...

Neat card! Love the fun baseball diamond and the clever background!

Sue from Oregon said...

This card is definitely a home run Jenny!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...